In leadership of the community members who belongs to the working class demanded to include Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming and Sexual Minorities issues to include in Manifesto for upcoming Karnataka Assembly Elections 2018.
“Ondede, is a working class Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming and Sexual Minorities human rights organization working in Karnataka and different parts of the country to address the severe issues of transgender rights, sexuality rights, sexual violence and domestic violence.
This letter is to request _________________________________________________________________ to include the demands of socially excluded transgender and sexual minority community for upcoming 2018 Karnataka Assembly Elections.
- To set-up Karnataka State Commission for Transgender
- To set-up Karnataka State Welfare Board for Transgender
- State Amendment on Indian Penal Code (IPC) Section 377
- To implement Karnataka State Policy for Transgender 2017
- To constitute a Legislative Committee to protect the human rights of transgender, gender non-conforming and sexual minority community
- To implement Hon’ble Supreme Court National Legal Services Authority of India – NALSA Judgment, 2014
- To withdraw false cases against transgender and sexual minorities in Karnataka.
- To include Transgender and Sexual Minorities issues i.e., Domestic Violence, Sexual violence under the current law/act
- Opportunity for Political participation in assembly/parliamentary/local body elections
Note: In all the above mentioned demands our community member’s participation shall be in majority!”